Partners offers a multidisciplinary therapeutic approach for children with autism. Applied Behavior Analysis and Applied Verbal Behavior are widely known and accepted as an evidence-based therapy for children on the autism spectrum. Combining these therapies with Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy can help increase a child with autism’s likelihood to obtain and maintain new skills.
Utilizing these approaches can teach our clients in the following ways:
- Increase communication to improve children’s ability to socialize and interact
- Teach new skills to instill children with more confidence
- Maintain treatment gains to produce sustainable results
- Generalize or transfer behaviors from one situation or response to another to help children gain self-assurance
- Restrict/narrow conditions under which interfering behaviors occur so that children have more opportunities to display successful, appropriate responses
- Reduce interfering behaviors so that children experience more acceptance within their family, peer group, and community