Partners In Excellence is excited to be participating in Walk Now for Autism Speaks at the Mall of America on October 11th, 2014. Every year we join thousands of walkers with the common goal of improving the lives of individuals with autism by raising money, awareness, and acceptance for the autism community! We invite you to join our team and participate in this powerful event.
Autism Speaks makes registering for this walk very simple- just follow these three steps:
- Go to www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/minnesota/partnersinexcellence
- Click Join Our Team
- Complete the entry form
Register by Friday (September 12th) and receive a “FREE” 2014 Edition Royal Blue Partners In Excellence t-shirt to wear to the walk! Remember to sign up all of your walkers individually- even the kids!
Once you’ve registered for the walk go to the My Webpage section to edit your Personal Page. This is the page your donors will see. You can give it a personal touch by adding a picture and information about you and your reasons for participating in this walkThe next step is to solicit donations from your family and friends. Utilize email and any of your social media outlets to spread the word that you are participating in Walk Now for Autism Speaks and looking for donations.
- Go to the Email section on your walk page to draft the email you would like to send to current or potential donors
- Enter a specialized greeting and the email addresses of your recipients
- Select a template- you can choose to use the templates created by Autism Speaks or select blank to write your own email message
The email message will automatically include a direct link back to your personal page to make it as easy as possible for them to make a donation or join your team.
You also have the option to add this badge to your email signature to let those you connect with frequently know that you are participating in the walk and welcome their support. Instructions on how to do this can be found under Email Statistics on your homepage.
There are several ways that you can utilize social media for your fundraising efforts.
- If you use Facebook- you can send a Facebook message to your friends, update your status to show your support and extend your fundraising efforts, you can even add the Walk Now for Autism Speaks application to your Facebook page.
- If you use Twitter- you can send out tweets encouraging your followers to visit your personal page and make a donation.
Further information on how to connect your personal page to Facebook or Twitter can be found under the Social Sharing section on your homepage.
Another great way to raise money and build autism awareness is by fundraising out in your community! There are so many fun and creative ways to fundraise; here are just a few ideas:
- Matching Gifts: Ask your place of employment to match the money you personally raise. Some companies already have a matching gift program- see if your company does.
- Fifty-fifty Drawing: Sell raffle tickets with half of the money going to Walk Now for Autism Speaks and the other half going to the winner.
- Car Wash: Pull together a group of volunteers to wash cars in a high traffic location for donations.
- Yard Sale: Collect gently used items from family members, neighbors, and friends to be sold at a yard sale and donate the money earned to Walk Now for Autism Speaks.
- Eat for a Cause: Ask a local restaurant to donate 10% of their profits on a designated night to Autism Speaks.
We appreciate all of your hard work fundraising for Autism Speaks! For more information on where your donations are spent read our previous blog Why We Walk.