April is Autism Awareness Month and
Saturday, April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day!!!
On the evenings of April 1 and 2, 2011, prominent buildings across North America and the world — including the Empire State Building in New York City and the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada — will turn their lights blue to raise awareness for autism and to commemorate World Autism Awareness Day on Saturday, April 2.
We’re aiming to light the world blue all throughout April — city by city, town by town — by taking action to raise autism awareness in our communities.
What you can do to Light It Up Blue:
- On April 1st and 2nd, wear blue clothing and encourage your coworkers, friends and family to do the same. (Be sure to post your pictures on our Partners facebook page!)
- Change your facebook profile picture to the Light It Up Blue logo and tag at least 10 of your friends.
- Post on your blog about how you are “lighting it up blue” to raise autism awareness.
- Add the Light It Up Blue logo to your email signature……and type your emails in blue
- Light your house up blue by putting blue light bulbs in any outdoor fixtures.
- Raise awareness for autism online or spread the word about Light It Up Blue.
- Bake puzzle piece shaped cookies and frost them with blue icing, then bring them to your school, work or place of worship to raise autism awareness.
Please go to www.lightitupblue.org for more Light It Up Blue events!